Friday, October 30, 2009

The Botanical Gardens proves to be one of the most tranquil places in Grahamstown, it is an escape from the busy life of being a student or for anyone seeking peace and quiet and the desire to be indulged in nature. Considering the busy lives we have as students we don’t usually have time or the patience to go there but on Saturday I took the opportunity to visit this beautiful place and was impressed to discover that it is a true reflection of nature’s beauty.
I enjoyed my Saturday afternoon there with my friends, we had a picnic while we watched natures beauty before us, the still waters of the ponds unmoving while the wind rustled leaves and branches leaving our hair a mess, but it was worth it, a move away from the norm was a great experience. We played games on the open grass and after that it was great to just lie down and watch the clouds in the sky until the weather changed.
It was a wonderful experience and something which I wouldn’t mind doing again on a day where I would just like to clear away from the busy life.

By Sinayo

No comments:

Post a Comment